PlushCare is now collaborating with Strive Pharmacy in order to provide qualifying patients with access to compounded Semaglutide medications while the medication is on the FDA national shortage list. Pharmaceutical compounding is the science of mixing pharmaceutical ingredients to create a custom medication. Given the sustained shortage of Semaglutide, people who would medically benefit from treatment are not able to access these medications. Federal and state regulations allow pharmacies to compound medications under patent that are on the FDA shortage list. Strive Pharmacy is a licensed 503a compounding pharmacy headquartered in Gilbert, Arizona. We select our pharmacy partner because they guarantee compliance with federal and state quality, safety, and sterile manufacturing laws. They offer third-party verification of the Semaglutide base and medication potency and purity.
Key points to consider:
- Medical guidelines for prescribing weight loss medications require a patient to have a verified BMI of over 30 or a BMI of over 27 with one weight-related medical condition. In addition, your doctor will make sure that there are no medical contraindications to treatment with Semaglutide.
- Labs must be done within 2 months of starting medication to ensure that it is safe to start medications.
- This service is currently restricted to residents in the following states: AZ, CO, DE, HI, ID, IA, MA, MO, MT, NH, NM, ND, OR, PA, UT, WA, WY, FL, GA, KS, OH, TN, TX.
- Follow-up appointments every month while titrating the medication are imperative for the continued prescription, and renewal is at the discretion of the prescribing doctor.
- The cost of the medication through Strive is available on a cash-pay basis at $299 per month.
If you have any other questions about compounding weight loss medications - book an appointment today.