PrEP is for people who are HIV negative, are over 18 years of age, and meet one or more of the following criteria: (a) Don’t use condoms every time, (b) Have sex with multiple partners, (c) Have had STDs before, once or multiple times, (d) Have a partner who is HIV positive or is of unknown status, (e) Inject recreational drugs, or (f) Are trying to get pregnant with an HIV positive partner. PrEP isn’t for everyone, but for those at risk it is a safe and effective way to prevent HIV. Don’t take PrEP unless you are prescribed it through a physician. Book an appointment to speak with our doctors today if you have any questions.
Articles in this section
- PrEP for Women
- Besides the pill, what else do I have to do to get PrEP?
- Can I still get HIV while on PrEP?
- Can PlushCare prescribe PrEP?
- Does PrEP work if I think I was just exposed to HIV?
- How old must I be to enroll in PlushCare's PrEP treatment program?
- How quickly does PrEP work?
- How effective is PrEP?
- I don't have private health insurance and PrEP is too expensive.
- I have a high deductible plan or my co-pay is too high, what can I do?