Truvada is the only PrEP medicine that is FDA approved for adults. It is one pill (two drugs in one: emtricitabine and tenofovir) that you take every day. You may have heard about other forms of PrEP (e.g. shot, other pills), but all of these have years of clinical trials before FDA approval for the public.
Articles in this section
- PrEP for Women
- Besides the pill, what else do I have to do to get PrEP?
- Can I still get HIV while on PrEP?
- Can PlushCare prescribe PrEP?
- Does PrEP work if I think I was just exposed to HIV?
- How old must I be to enroll in PlushCare's PrEP treatment program?
- How quickly does PrEP work?
- How effective is PrEP?
- I don't have private health insurance and PrEP is too expensive.
- I have a high deductible plan or my co-pay is too high, what can I do?