PrEP is most effective when taken every single day. When taken less than 4 days per week, the effectiveness drops dramatically. If you miss a dose, make sure to take the next one - there is no need to double up. If you take 7 PrEP pills per week, the level of protection is about 99%. If you take 4 PrEP pills per week, the level of protection is about 96%
Articles in this section
- PrEP for Women
- Besides the pill, what else do I have to do to get PrEP?
- Can I still get HIV while on PrEP?
- Can PlushCare prescribe PrEP?
- Does PrEP work if I think I was just exposed to HIV?
- How old must I be to enroll in PlushCare's PrEP treatment program?
- How quickly does PrEP work?
- How effective is PrEP?
- I don't have private health insurance and PrEP is too expensive.
- I have a high deductible plan or my co-pay is too high, what can I do?