Yes, it is possible to get HIV while on PrEP - if you miss a dose or are frequently exposed to the virus, there is a chance the drug may not work. You get tested for HIV every 3 months while on the medicine, and it is important to know early and talk to a doctor immediately after you find out.
Articles in this section
- PrEP for Women
- Besides the pill, what else do I have to do to get PrEP?
- Can I still get HIV while on PrEP?
- Can PlushCare prescribe PrEP?
- Does PrEP work if I think I was just exposed to HIV?
- How old must I be to enroll in PlushCare's PrEP treatment program?
- How quickly does PrEP work?
- How effective is PrEP?
- I don't have private health insurance and PrEP is too expensive.
- I have a high deductible plan or my co-pay is too high, what can I do?